Few activities for me are more satisfying than to have music playing, a glass of wine close at hand and preparing dinner. Savoring the finished product is excellent, but the act of cooking is equally enjoyable to me. We are challenged to consume to live — but we are graced with the gift of appetite. The exercise of nourishing ourselves is rewarded with fulfillment and immediate joy. So, it should come as no surprise that I feel like I am completely in my element when I am in the Mercado. The chatter of vendors and the aroma of fresh foods…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- World class dining in Cuenca
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo
- Putting down roots in Cuenca