The Canadian Riverview Rotary Club and the Rotary Club Tomebamba of Cuenca have joined forces to organize a free program with the name of “Operation Hope,” to offer dental and surgical services to people with no economic resources. The program works through coordination between the Rotary Club Riverview of Canada (represented by Rodney Adams) and the Rotary Club Tomebamba (represented by Cuencanan physiscian Manuel Ávila), volunteers and the doctors of the Hospital del Río and the Hospital Monte Sinaí. Rotary clubs support the program with the economic and logistical resources to attend the beneficiaries free of charge, both in the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo