Ecuadorians will return to the polls in March 2019, the National Electoral Council (CNE) confirmed last week. In addition to choosing local and provincial leaders, voters will for the first time elect representatives for the Consejo de Participacion Ciudadana y Control Social (CPCCS). In a meeting held March 23, CNE authorities announced that 13,425,896 citizens and residents would cast ballots nationwide to choose 5,670 local and provincial authorities and the 14 representatives to the CPCCS. The election is scheduled for March 24, 2019. A little more than $141 million federal dollars will go to fund the election, and according to…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story