A new bylaw project created by Cuenca councilman Cristian Zambrano, Marco Andrés Ávila, and Dora Ordoñez, propose to create a fund to support entrepreneurs in the city. “The objective is help entrepreneurs to create new jobs,” said the councilwoman Ordoñez. The bylaw for the “Strengthening of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Cuenca Canton” was presented last week to representatives from the academic, corporative, business and public sectors. The municipality will earmark funds to adequately support the Economic Development Municipal Company (EDEC EP) to create a multi-sectoral committee that will choose the best entrepreneurs for funding and offer guidance to make the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?