Kimberly Wood loves paper. She started by importing exotic paper to Minnesota 25 years ago, then decided she wanted to make her own paper and thus express her creativity though this channel. Kimberly took classes at the University, studied paper-making, sculpture, binding and making vessels. She quickly rose up in the arts scene and became an artist in residence of the Minnesota Arts Council. I met with her one warm, sunny afternoon at her house, where she gave me the best welcome and showed me the process of making the paper and how she is developing new concepts and techniques…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology