The members of the Animal Control Oversight Committee are meeting to review the effectiveness of Cuenca’s Ordinance for the Control and Protection Animals. Formed in 2016, the committee will consider the ongoing problem of stray animals on city streets and evaluate the impact on the animal control and protection ordinance. Marcia Pulla, one of the committee members, says that they have yet to develop the rules that will apply to the ordinance. The group was accredited in November by the government’s Council of Citizen Participation (Consejo de Participación Ciudadana) and works in an advisory capacity. “We are not a political…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story