Organic products by, AgroAzuay, will now be available both Saturdays and Sundays due to the increasing number of shoppers. Over 250 organic vendors and producers set up on the Ciudadela Kennedy and Machangara sector to sell their produce. “It is important that the Cuencanos know that the fruit and vegetable we sell are farm-to-table. This lowers the cost because there are no intermediaries”, said Auxiliadora Chica, a farmer from AgroAzuay. The farmers expect that increasing the market days and offering competitive pricing will attract more customers. “We expect most Saturday and Sunday shoppers, between 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. We…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community