The construction of an elevated pedestrian footbridge over Av. Las Americas began earlier this month and another one is in the works. Featuring two ramps at both ends of the elevated steel deck, the first bridge will cross Av. Las Americas at Calle Tarqui street, a busy intersection adjacent the main campus of the Catholic University Cuenca. One of the footbridge on-ramps will be located next to a university building, cross the Las Americas and then descend via a spiraling ramp into Plaza Universitaria, which is being constructed between Tarqui and General Torres streets. City officials say the project will…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?