The University of Cuenca is looking for ways to finance remodeling of Cuenca’s old IESS hospital, creating a new research facility managed by the school. It is estimated the project will cost approximately five million dollars. The university is in talks with the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) to acquire the funds. The building, located on Av. Hayana Capac, just east of the historic district, was purchased by the university in March 2017, through a credit line from IESS Bank. The property covers almost 140,000 square feet. The focus of the new facility is to create a centralized record archive of…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?