President Lenin Moreno recently announced the starting of a new tunnel project between Quito and Guayaquil. This tunnel will go under the Bomboli mountain and will extend for an entire mile. “This will make it the longest tunnel in the country, surpassing the Guayasamin tunnel in Quito by 400 meters,” he said. This construction will also include the increase to four lanes along the Aloag-Santo Domingo road. The total cost of the project will be of $1.4 billion. The Executive Branch will only invest $30 million, while the Provincial Council of Pichincha will finance the rest. The Ecuadorian president stated…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?