Last weekend, Lenin Moreno announced the beginning of the program “Magical Towns”, which seeks to bring more tourism to certain towns in Ecuador that could offer particular cultural and/or geographic characteristics. This new project is being developed with the help from technicians from the Secretariat of Tourism of Mexico, where this type of project was originally developed. They will be helping the Ecuadorian government and private sector with training, assessment and other technical assistance. “Our Ecuador is fantastic! We’re going to know the ‘Magical Towns’ that will attract the entire world. This will boost the economic and social activity of…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?