The new immigration law, adopted in 2017, the “Ley de Movilidad Humana”, is currently in full force. It replaces the previous law and was enacted to simplify the process. Whether that goal has been achieved or not remains to be seen. Here are the law’s key components. Ecuador Tourist Visas (Ecuador Visitor Visas): Ecuador’s new immigration law permits two types of temporary visitors: Tourists/Visitors* – This includes individuals who are intending to spend up to but no more than 90 days in Ecuador during any 12 month period. The visa, which is free, is called an “Ecuador Tourist Visa T-3…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology