The new pedestrian bridge built by the Municipality of Cuenca, located on Avenida De Las Américas and Calle Tarqui, was inaugurated last week. The bridge, located at the Basilica sector, aims to provide security for pedestrians. The structure is made up of a 120 meter (m) long bridge whose accesses are spiral shaped for the entry of pedestrians, people on bicycles and wheelchairs. The new structure connects the intersection of Americas Avenue, with the building of the Catholic University of Cuenca. The location of this structure responds to a study made by the Mayor of Cuenca, which identified “conflicting points”…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- CRIME REPORT
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden