Mayor Marcelo Cabrera has named Jaime Guzman as Cuenca’s new transportation director. In his announcement, the mayor said that one of Guzman’s chief duties will be to coordinate the completion of the tranvia and to develop a comprehensive transportation plan that incorporates the tranvia. Thanks to an agreement between the city and the French consortium, ACTN, the mayor said the tranvia is on schedule for completion by the end of this year. ACTN just completed its first month of work on a 10-month contract. According to Cabrera, Guzman will be the point man in directing the final phases of the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story