On Thursday, March 8 “Mujeres con Exito” at Baltazar de Calderon and Miguel Velez, will have an open house from noon to five to introduce their programs. Refreshments and light snacks will be provided, including a special cocktail for women. “Our mission is to empower women facing difficult family situations by providing educational opportunities and access to economic resources. Towards this end, we are developing a series of programs such as a laundry service, a café, and most recently, our catering services and meeting facility for social events, meetings, gatherings, fundraisers, baby showers and more. When someone buys a cupcake…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology