Having been advised by City Cab to plan for an ice storm, and act accordingly, I arrived at the Portland, Oregon International Airport with plenty of time to check my bags and go through security. I was six hours early. Too early it seems because I couldn’t even check my bags. Fortunately, I asked for and was placed on the very next flight, and away I flew. My first leg: Portland, Oregon to San Francisco, California. At my sister’s suggestion, I flew business class. Paulee said, “You can hang out in the VIP lounge of the airport terminals where you will…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Los Perniles
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community