Good news for Cuencanos! The Bank of the IESS (BIESS) reopened its “Fabrica de Operaciones” (Loan services operation center) in Cuenca to revitalize and improve the mortgage loans services. The “Fabrica de Operaciones” is the department in the BIESS where all the documents related to mortgage loans are processed including assessment reports, coordinating legal issues, and approving mortgage loans and process payments. BIESS has 53 percent of the national mortgage market. This new area will help to coordinate loans in Cañar, Morona Santiago, Zamora Chimchipe, and Loja. “The Fabrica de Operation will improve the timing of the process to obtain…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- World class dining in Cuenca
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo
- Putting down roots in Cuenca