After just one year in office, Ecuadorean President Lenin Moreno has replaced more than 50 percent of his cabinet. Ecuador’s President Lenin Moreno appointed several new ministers in a cabinet reshuffle on Wednesday, making it the executive’s second major ministerial change so far this year. Moreno, who will complete one year in office next week, swore in several new ministers and a new secretary of government planning and development at the Government Palace. The president tweeted: “Today we appoint new ministers with whom we’ll continue to work with for a peaceful, inclusive and supportive country. Infinite thanks to those who…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’