IT Marketing Móvil, a marketing company from Cuenca, presents its LED (light emitting diode) backpack rental service in the local market. Santiago León, journalist and Javier Barzallo, systems engineer, are the creators of this service, which offers an innovative approach to the traditional marketing methods. The company made an approximate investment of $ 5,000 in this project. “This service responds to a trend which implements advertising through technological means, contributing to the environment by saving wasted material, as is the case with flyers, which often end up in the garbage,” says León. Each of the backpacks has GPS radar that…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology