“Municipios Saludables (Healthy Municipalities) is a program introduced the Ministry of Health (MSP) with the support of the Pan American Organization of Health (OPS), aimed at maintaining the quality of: municipal drinking water, access to health services, protection of natural green areas, recreation for citizens, health and nutrition awareness. Fifteen cantons are currently enrolled in the program. “Healthcare is more than building additional sub-centers and hospitals. It is working with local authorities, ministries and the community, with the goal of guaranteeing the right to health and quality living. Health awareness begins before you have an illness”, says Maria Sol Roura,…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology