On December 27, 2018, labor minister Raúl Ledesma announced a basic salary increase of $8.00 per month. This increase took effect on January 1, 2019. The information was released through a television ad and through Twitter account. The minimum salary will increase from$386.00 to $394.00 monthly “After a technical analysis agreed as National Government, it is announced that the increase of the Basic Salary for 2019 will be USD 8, considering the economic indexes and protecting the interests of workers and employers, “said Ledesma. Representatives of both workers and employers weighed in on the subject; workers representatives demanded an increase…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community