The Third Division of the Tarqui Army and the Weapons Control Center of Azuay intensified the “Camex” operations, or control of arms, ammunition and explosives, in the streets of the city of Cuenca. The objective is to reinforce security and prevent crimes such as assaults, acts of violence or commercialization of weapons. The controls are developed by the military of the artillery group N ° 79 General Pintag and the artillery brigade N ° 27 Portete. Among the control strategies is the review of objects moved in vehicles and motorcycles, as well as verification of the belongings of drivers and…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’