Ah, beautiful, dreamy, wonderful Ecuador! Amidst all of the enchanted scenery, wildlife, mountains, beaches and rich Ecuadorian culture to write back home to friends and loved ones about, so as to whet their appetites when stating the words, “wish you were here.” But one might also ask him- or herself, what is to be done if “life happens” while making other plans in Ecuador, when one’s seemingly “amable” (the Spanish word for “friendly”) Ecuadorian Doctor or Clinic turns what was supposed to be a “routine medical procedure”, into instead a “terrible medical nightmare”? As an Ecuadorian lawyer, I happen to…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- World class dining in Cuenca
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo
- Putting down roots in Cuenca