In an interview with the El Telegrafo newspaper, Cuenca Mayor Marcelo Cabrera said Monday that the tram will be completed and that negotiations with the city’s bus companies will reach a successful conclusion before he leaves office in 2019. In addition, Cabrera said that expansion of the Cuenca’s park system will continue, providing citizens with more green and recreational areas than any other city in Ecuador. “We continue to make progress with mass transit and the results of this will be evident next year when the tram begins operations,” the mayor said. “We will have an integrated transport system that…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’