After an inspection tour last week, Cuenca Mayor Marcelo Cabrera said that construction of the tranvia will be complete by October 2018. He also explained that by July 27 the tram will make test runs to the Terminal Terrestre from the rail yard on Av. Mexico. To meet the project deadline, the mayor said that the number of workers on the project has increased with many of them working overtime. To prevent a possible underfunding of the project, authorities announced they are in negotiations with banking representatives to secure a $24 million loan. This credit would be for a five-year…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’