In a move to increase bus travel between Cuenca and Peru, the Azuay Transport Cooperative is operating two new double-decker buses from Cuenca to three cities in northern Peru. The buses are similar to those that operate on long distance routes in Argentina and Chile. Azuay Transport manager Paulino Ortiz said the new buses, made in Brazil, will carry 60 passengers, 46 on the upper level and 14 on the lower. “The seats will be more comfortable and offer more space than in most buses that operate in Ecuador,” Ortiz said. The new buses will travel from Cuenca to Máncora,…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community