Last week we had to go to the SRI office on Remigio Crespo for our monthly dose of bureaucracy at its most unintelligible . . . but that’s another story. It was a dark and stormy day as we stopped for an almuerzo at Playa Escondida, located on the corner of Remigio Crespo and Alfonso Borrero, less than a half block from the SRI office. Playa Escondida occupies the entire corner, and we were lured in by the pink flamingoes painted on the outside. Inside, we found it clean, cheery and bright. Most of the seating is semi-outdoors under a…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology