Jackie and I joined another couple looking for a convenient place for a late-night snack and some drinks in a pleasant atmosphere. We weren’t interested in the usual loud bar scene, so we decided to give Simon 7-84 a try. It turned out to be a good choice. Simon 7-84 is located, conveniently enough, at Simon Bolivar 7-84 and Luis Cordero, only a couple doors east of Parque Calderon. The restaurant and bar are in a good-sized courtyard, with ample seating and sufficient space to avoid feeling crowded. The décor is modern with clean lines, and there are several tables…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- World class dining in Cuenca
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo
- Putting down roots in Cuenca