As of 1 April 2018, use of the bus card, Movilizate, will be mandatory in Cuenca, and users will no longer be able to pay bus fare in cash. The card is being distributed for free to students, people older than 65 years old, and people with any disability rated higher than 30%. People in those groups have to present their cedula or the CONADIS card [Disability Certification ID card]. The normal cost of the card is $1.75. The Transportation Chamber has already issued more than 106,000 cards. However, during the weekend, Feria Libre and Terminal Terrestre were full of…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?