The free taxi app, Azutaxi, which offers services to request a taxi in the city, is being negatively affected in high traffic hours and on holidays. “On holidays as well as rainy days, the demand for taxi service in the city can double, becoming an unfavorable factor when a citizen needs the service,” says Jorge Naranjo, regional manager of the company Azutaxi. This means some users of Azutaxi are less than happy with the app. “Before I liked the application, but this past November, I used the app to get a taxi to go to parties and when I arrived…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology