Three cups of talent, 2/5 cup of laughter, three spoons of family drama, four cups of love and five of bad words. With the premiere of Kitchen Witches, Azuay Community Theater has proven that it is recharged! The first day of the show at its new location was a total success. All 80 seats sold, prolonged applause, boisterous laughter, and friendly faces greeted the performers. And, a good one for Diana Ham, in her first role as a director. While ACT is known for its “Readers’ Theater,” all actors in this show memorized their lines, and no mistakes or scripts…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story