The Jupiter Park, located in the Huayna Capac parish, was inaugurated on Saturday, December 22, in the “Phase II Recovered Parks” program being carried out by the Municipality of Cuenca through the Municipal Public Cleanliness Company of Cuenca. According to an official statement, this work was completed with a budget of $130,000, and complied with the 90-day deadline required after contract signing. “The objective of the EMAC EP is to continue with the project of adaptation and recovery of recreational green spaces for the city,” said Andrea Arteaga, manager of the EMAC This work added to the more than 23…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology