Editor’s Note: Brian Buckner’s photographic exhibition, “Decisive Moment: Hidden Jewels of the Andes” opens Thursday, June 28 at 7 p.m. at the Museo de la Ciudad, corner of Gran Colombia and Benigno Malo. The exhibit continues through July 31. Everyone loves a good story, and some of the best ones are true. Get something warm to drink and settle in, because you’re about to hear a doozy. This story begins at Barksdale Air Force Base in Shreveport, Louisiana. The date is May 7, 1955. We are watching an event unfold which will set in motion a trajectory whose terminus is…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?