Insurance: 1. Coverage by contract in which one party agrees to indemnify or reimburse another for loss that occurs under the terms of the contract. — Dictionary.com For months, expat customers of the Bellgenica Health Insurance Company in Ecuador have complained about poor or non-existent service. Many customers say that, despite promises from the company, they have waited months for claims reimbursements. Some say that the delays have caused financial hardship and exacerbated their health problems. On January 9, Cuenca Dispatch and CuencaHighLife attended a forum hosted by Bellgenica at the Hotel Oro Verde. The announced purpose of the meeting…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?