As Azuay Province transitions from dry to wet season, the risk of respiratory illnesses, such as the flu and the common cold, increases. To help prevent influenza illnesses among the general public, the Ministry of Health (MSP) is offering free flu vaccines from now until March 30 to vulnerable populations. Eligible groups include children under the age of five, pregnant women, people with chronic non-transmissible diseases such as hypertension and diabetes, and senior citizens. Vaccinations are available at any Health Center (Centro de Salud) in the Cuenca area. Doctor Luis Enriquez, who works at the Vigilancia de la Salud del…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?