Importing commercial products and registering self-created Products in Ecuador

While most expats who move to Ecuador simply desire a stress-free life or restful retirement, some feel the urge for creating commercial products or services in their new “home away from home.” If you are one of those energetic types not ready for retirement, the following information is for you. To legally do business in Ecuador, including one involved in importing and exporting products, there are several steps you need to take. First, you must obtain an Ecuadorian tax ID number, or RUC, issued by the Ecuadorian Internal Revenue Service (SRI). Then, you must register with the Servicio Nacional de…

Want to read the whole story?

Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.

Subscribe now for only