Sometimes we forget how important our old friends are to us. We take the relationship for granted and over time it just seems that we expect their friendship, as if it’s owed to us. But it’s not. Last night Codie and I got to enjoy a wonderful evening with two old friends that we had not seen for some time. Probably close to 6 months. There were many reasons for the time apart. They had been travelling around the globe for a few months, I had been in the US having my ankle surgery, Codie and I were spending more…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Los Perniles
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo