One of my best friends in Denver has been getting a lot of cardiac tests lately because of some things that showed up on routine exams. At first they were worried he might have pulmonary hypertension. Not a diagnosis that people want to face. This has been going on for a few weeks. He finally got in again to see the cardiologist for more tests. Today, they stepped back from the pulmonary hypertension diagnosis; but, they said that his right ventricle is very enlarged and they now “think” there is a valve issue going on. Possibly the tricuspid valve. Repairing…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?