“While Michael is taking a break, we are digging into the archives and choosing some of his favorite columns to run again. This one comes from way back; it was in Volume 1, Issue 6 on July 14, 2016! We think it still reads well today. We hope you do too.” “So who died and made you King?” That almost came out of my mouth this week. To a customer. That’ not good. But he would have deserved it. You see, what he said to one of my servers, in my earshot, was simply outrageous. And I couldn’t help but…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Los Perniles
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community