Twelve surgical procedures were carried out last weekend at the Jose Carrasco Arteaga Hospital of the Ecuadorian Social Security Institute (IESS). These surgical operations are part of the “Medical Taskforce: Active Surgery” program, which started June 29th and will go on for four more weekends. The taskforce began with patients that require hip, knee a general surgical procedures, who are on the insurance’s waitlist. This program was designed to reduce the waiting list for patients that were still pending for different medical procedures. There were specific areas with heavier wait time, like traumatology and general surgery, which were taken as…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?