I have written previously about dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, one of its principal manifestations. The focus was on the role of dietary changes in reducing (and potentially preventing) the onset of dementia with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease. Today’s focus is on providing some positive news and providing some relevant information focusing on the continuing research showing the impact that positive lifestyle changes can have on brain health. The Alzheimer’s Association recently compiled simple steps to follow to prevent cognitive decline and reduce the risk of dementia. Information from the National Institute of Aging (NIA) is also employed to further the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?