The House of Culture (Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana) has two more offices working around Azuay, in Gualaceo and Nabon. This institution organizes cultural and art activities for the communities they serve. Everything from theater, to paint workshops, dance classes and more. The Gualaceo branch has been open since last year; this year the Nabon Decentralized Administration (GAD) inaugurated a Cultural Center and requested the assistance from the Azuay House of Culture institution. This Cultural Center has a library, a playroom, exhibition rooms, and other installations. In the Nabon canton, there are courses for elementary school teachers on recycling and…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?