We (Codie and I) are sitting at the airport waiting to get on the first leg of our flights back to Ecuador. I’m sure people can see the anticipation on our faces. We have been in the US for 17 days and we are so ready to get back home. Not “home” in the sense of our house, but rather our “place.” Because that is what Ecuador (and more specifically Cuenca) is to us now. It’s our place, our home, our land. It’s where we have put roots together. It’s where we feel the most comfortable. Coming back to the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?