Biela y Bebidas del Ecuador S.A. (Biela Ecuador) and Heineken have entered into partnership, along with the cooperation from president Lenin Moreno and the Ministry of Foreign Commerce. The Ecuadorian president and its head of Foreign Commerce, Pablo Campana, met with the directive of Heineken on May 2nd to discuss their investment plan in Ecuador. The multinational company plans to bring $100 million USD into Ecuador. “There is potential for growth here, because the beer consumption per capita is relatively low when compared with other countries in South America,” stated the company in an official communication revealing their new expansion.…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’