The Hearts of Gold Foundation has developed a program that lays the ground work to empower women to change their own lives as well as others. Mírame (watch me) is a newly launched initiative focused on enabling Ecuadorian women to reach their full potential. The innovative program supports women in critical areas through workshops, networking, mentoring, research and opportunity and financial generation. In addition to implementing the program, Hearts of Gold has a unique opportunity to receive financial assistance to sustain and enlarge its efforts by participating in a fundraising campaign through GlobalGiving, the largest crowdfunding community connecting nonprofits, donors…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community