A new year begins and with it the new discounts season in the city. Stores in all Cuenca malls and other parts of the city are offering all of their products at a very low cost to attract more customers. The season discounts will be in place until the last days of January. The discounts can go up 50% in some cases. Business owners in the city assure this measure will benefit the citizens who couldn’t buy their products during Christmas seasons. Even though customers may be tired of spending after the holiday season, the promotions at the stores are…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology