Besides living and loving life here in beautiful Ecuador, many expats happen to fall in love with a native. And so, as an inter-cultural couple here in Ecuador passes through the process of courtship, oftentimes the question of marriage gets “popped.” For those considering marrying an Ecuadorian citizen, the following information is meant for you and yours with respect to the marriage laws in Ecuador as you consider the benefits as well as requirements of marriage. In preparing for wedded bliss, it is important to note that as per any expat groom or bride in being from their home country…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology