In 2018, the Ecuadorian Government took measures to rasie the prices on most types of gasoline. First, it was Super gas, which went from between$2.00 and $2.30 to $2.98. In December, eExtra and Ecopais went from $1.48 to $1.85 per gallon. This lastest increase is part of the economic measures adopted by the National Government—that includes the review of fuel subsidies—that came into force after the publication in the Official Register of Decree 619. The Decree establishes in Article 1, numeral 6, that the price of the Super “will be determined on a monthly basis by the Petroecuador EP, based…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology