The campaign ‘They have the right to vote’ to facilitate access to the vote of people with disabilities was presented by the Electoral Delegation of Azuay, the Conadis and the Union of taxi drivers of Azuay. This initiative is so that people with disabilities can move freely from their home to the polling place where they vote. Marco Granda, coordinator of the Conadis in Azuay, explained that this campaign promotes the democratic participation of people with disabilities in the electoral process. Persons with disabilities who wish to enlist for the campaign must register by calling the numbers of Conadis 4110…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology