The Cuenca Municipal Foundation of Tourism has signed a cooperation agreement with the Exportation and Investment Promotion Institute (Pro Ecuador) to bring international journalists to Cuenca, with the purpose of promoting the city through their reports. “If tourists read a positive report with the tourism attractions of the city, they will want to visit”, explains Tania Sarmiento, executive director of the Cuenca Tourism Municipal Foundation. In 2017, foreign journalist came to the city for a four day tour and subsequently published reports in blogs, newspapers and magazines. This year, the organizers expect a visit from even more communication experts. More…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology